Thursday, September 13, 2012

Faith and loving!

Faith: is essentially trust and faithfulness is dependability or trustworthiness.

Throughout the Scriptures faith is the trustful human response to God's self-relevation via His words and His actions. God initiates the relationship between Himself and human beings. He expects people to trust Him; failure to trust Him in essence the first sin.
                   (got that from the Holman illustrated dictionary)

What does faith mean to you? To me it's putting everything I believe and trust into God. It is very hard sometimes to have faith but if you take that leap God is there to catch you cause you have faith in Him.
 In my daily bible reading I am in Deuteronomy and Matthew. Doing OT and NT at the same time. Anyway it was talking about our God being a jealous God.( In deuteronomy 4,5,6 all talk about God being a jealous God) He doesn't want you to have other god's than Him. He shows us so much love even for all the stupid things we do He still loves us like crazy! Why wouldn't you want to put your faith in Him. God hates the sin not the sinner. He doesn't like what you do but God is still crazy in love with you. God wants you to choose Him. It's like when you love someone so much that you can't live without them and them saying I don't love you or even care about you. I'm sure how you would feel in that moment God feels that every day when people turn from Him! He wants you to turn and say, "God I want you and I need you!" I can't stress enough how badly God wants you. I mean He did send His only Son to die for our sins so we could have a relationship with Him. How many of you would let your kid die to have a relationship with someone? No one would. That is why God did that to show you how much He LOVES YOU AND HOW BAD HE WANTS TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU!!!!!! Just think about it!!!!!

I was gonna write this whole thing about faith but God had other reasons when I started typing. I think what I wrote about could be faith. I felt so convicted to write this that I was tearing up while typing it.

    So I will leave you with a few bible verses about faith:

      But people are counted as righteous, not because of their work, but because of their faith in God who forgives sinners.
                               Romans 4:5

      But that does not mean we want to dominate you by telling you how to put your faith into practice. We want to work together with you so you will be full of joy, for it is by your own faith that you stand firm.
                             2 Corinthians 1:24

      5 There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 and one God and Father, who is over all and in all and living through all.
                             Ephesians 4:5-6

      Don't let them waste their time in endless discussion of myths and spiritual pedigrees. These things only lead to meaningless speculations, which don't help people live a life of faith in God.
                            1 Timothy 1:4




No comments:

Post a Comment